<p>We made a few small tweaks to an all-time favourite to push the nutritional value of this spirulina pesto recipe sky-high</p>
Makes approx. 3/4 cup pesto.
- 40g (1/4 cup) pine nuts
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves
- 50g (2/3 cup) grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons Nature’s Way Super Spirulina
- 100ml (1/3 cup/4 tablepoons) extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- Roast the pine nuts slowly in a dry frying pan over a medium heat until golden, then leave to cool.
- Place the basil, parmesan, garlic, pine nuts and Super Spirulina into a food processor and process to combine. While it is processing, gradually add the olive oil in a thin steady stream until you have a smooth paste.
- Season with salt to taste if desired.