Twice as nice (or as green) with dream team spinach and spirulina - for that extra green kick!
Spinach and Spirulina Wraps
2 ½ cups plain flour, sifted
2 ½ Tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
½ cup butter, room temp
1 cup spinach
1 tbsp NatureswayOz Spirulina
½ cup water
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Add the room temperature butter and mix together with your fingers until the dough forms loose crumbs.
- In a blender, blend together spinach, water and Spirulina. Once completed this mixture into the flour and butter mixture until a loose ball is formed.
- Transfer this mixture onto a floured surface and knead for approximately 5 minutes.
- Wrap dough in gladwrap and set aside for 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into 8 small balls. Roll out each ball into thin wraps. Separate each raw wrap using baking paper between them.
- Heat a fry pan on high. Once hot, lightly spray the pan with extra virgin olive oil for an even cook.
- Place the wrap into the fry pan. The wrap will bubble like a pancake. Keep and eye on it until it has cooked on one side and then flip to cook on the other side.
- Continue to do this with each of your wraps. Place the cooked ones on a plate covered in foil to keep them warm.
- Add your favourite toppings, chicken, fish with salad or eat as a side with some Dahl and enjoy!
Recipe and photos by @ahealthyappetitie