A great wholefoods treat that you can store and eat straight from the freezer.
Raw vegan cherry ripe slice
There is always a healthier alternative to your favourite desserts! Here is one for our cherry slice lovers…
- 1 cup of almonds (or mixed nuts of choice)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 Tbsp Cacao Powder
- 1 Tbsp sugar-free chocolate powder
- 1/3 cup dried dates (soaked overnight or 15 mins in boiling water)
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked overnight or 5 hours)
- 1 & 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 2 cups frozen cherries
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/3 cup granulated stevia
- 1/4 cup almond milk unsweetened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Super Greens + Wild Reds SuperFood powder
- 1 tsp of strawberry essence (optional)
- 1/3 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of Cacao Powder
- 1/4 cup of Rice Malt or maple syrup
Add almonds to food processor and blend for a few seconds. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until crumbly.
Press into a lined tray with your fingers, and put in the freezer while you make the filling
Blend cashews and coconut until smooth. Add other ingredients and blend again until really smooth, scraping down edges as required. Spread on top of base. Put back in the freezer for 1 hour while you make the top.
If coconut oil is liquid, blend all ingredients. If not, then melt coconut oil in a saucepan on low heat, add Rice Malt and Cacao and mix well. Pour on top of filling. Put back in the freezer for an hour or preferably overnight.
Cut with a hot knife. Store in the freezer. Eat straight from the freezer, no thawing required!