Eyes too big for your stomach - not to worry! This banana bread freezes exceptionally well! So you can enjoy it fresh now, or later!
Maca, Blueberry and Banana Bread
⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
½ cup honey or maple syrup
3 large ripe bananas, mashed
1 ¾ cup wholemeal flour
¼ cup almond milk
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp salt
½ tsp cinnamon
2 tsp @natureswayoz maca powder
½ cup blueberries
Handful of walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- In a large bowl, beat the oil and honey. Add the eggs and beat well then whisk in the milk and mashed bananas.
- Add the baking soda, vanilla, salt and cinnamon.
- Sift and fold in the flour.
- Add in the blueberries and walnuts and fold carefully.
- Pour the batter into your greased loaf pan and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon. You can add another chopped banana, some more blueberries and walnuts on top.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of Greek yoghurt and enjoy!
This banana bread freezes exceptionally well!
Recipe and photos by @ahealthyappetitie