<p>This nutrient packed Superfood recipe features a side of mashed peas and Spirulina – guaranteed to please the taste buds and be great for you.</p>
Crispy Ocean Trout with Spirulina Pea Puree
Boring old trout & mashed peas will never be the same. This nutrient packed Superfood recipe features a side of mashed peas and Spirulina – guaranteed to please the taste buds and be great for you. Additionally, the ocean trout gives a tasty hit of good fats and protein (and the skin is so crispy!).
To extend this dish, serve it with roasted sweet potato and a fennel and zucchini salad.
- 1 ½ cups frozen peas
- 3 tsp Nature’s Way Super Coconut Oil
- 2 eschallots, peeled and chopped
- 180ml chicken stock (bone broth)
- 2 tsp Nature’s Way Super Spirulina Powder
- 1 sprig of chervil
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- 4 × 180g ocean trout fillets, skin scored
- Heat half the Nature’s Way Super Coconut Oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook eschallots until soft. Add stock and bring to a boil. Add peas. Simmer until tender. Drain.
- Coarsely mash peas. Add chervil, juice and Nature’s Way Super Spirulina Powder. Mash to combine.
- Heat remaining Nature’s Way Super Coconut Oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook strout, skin-side down until golden and crisp. Turn and cook for a further 1-2 minutes or until cooked as desired.
- Serve trout with peas.
This recipe is adapted from a recipe that appeared in Clean Living Cookbook by Luke Hines and Scott Gooding, published by Hachette Australia. Photographer: Steve Brown. Stylist: Trish Heagerty