<p>Bone broths are extraordinarily rich in nutrients – particularly minerals and amino acids</p>
Chicken Stock Bone Broth
Bone broths are extraordinarily rich in nutrients – particularly minerals and amino acids.
* for veggie option – remove chicken carcas
- 3 carrots -chopped
- 3 celery sticks – chopped (include leaves)
- 2 red onions -chopped,
- Half pumpkin – roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- Half bunch parsley – roughly chopped
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbs Nature’s Way Wild Mushroom Powder
- 1 lemon – halved
- 1 chicken carcass
- 1 tbs Nature’s Way Coconut Oil (or you can use butter)
- Good pinch sea salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Throw all of the ingredient into large cooking pot. Cover with water and bring to the boil. Once boiling reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and put the lid on. Allow to cook for 6 hrs.
- Remove from heat and strain. Cool. Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
- Add to dishes as stock or as a daily elixir for gut health, anti-inflammatory response, repair for soft tissue and well-being.
This recipe is adapted from a recipe that appeared in Clean Living Cookbook by Luke Hines and Scott Gooding, published by Hachette Australia. Photographer: Steve Brown. Stylist: Trish Heagerty