<p>Healthy, vegetarian friendly stew that is packed with fibre, flavour and nutrients</p>
Chia Lentil Stew
- ½ a fresh jalapeno (if you cannot source fresh, try from the jar)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tbsp Nature’s Way Super Chia Seeds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large white onion, chopped.
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 cup red lentils (rinsed)
- 1 x 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 4 tbsp chopped coriander
- salt and pepper to season
- 2 tbs Coconut oil1 large red chilli, seed and finely chopped
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until lightly caramelised, about 10 minutes. Add cumin seeds, cardamom, and garlic; sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
Stir in 4 cups water, ginger, turmeric, chilli, vegetable stock, lentils, and tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until lentils are tender, about 15-20minutes. Stir in salt, chia seeds, and coriander.
Serve immediately by itself or with brown rice on the side.