<p>A delicious and light bircher porridge that you can prepare very quickly in the morning.</p>
Chia Coconut & Strawberry Bircher Porridge
This is a delicious and light bircher porridge that you can prepare very quickly in the morning. As well as some basic ingredients every paleo pantry should have, I am also using a yummy superfood powder Super Greens + Wild Reds powder for an additional antioxidant boost.
The recipe is for one serving but you can easily multiply the ingredients and make a larger batch. Gorgeous blossoms are used for the ‘wow’ factor only.
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons Chia Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Super Greens + Wild Reds Powder
- ½ medium green apple, grated (skin and juice)
- 2 tablespoons desiccated unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons roasted hazelnuts (almonds can also be used)
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 3-4 strawberries (half chopped and half sliced)
- Coconut yoghurt or regular full fat, unsweetened yoghurt to serve
- Add water and chia seeds to a mixing bowl, stir and set aside for a few minutes. Chia seeds will absorb the water and expand slightly. In the meantime, prepare the rest of ingredients.
- Add the Super Greens +red powder, grated apple, coconut, hazelnuts, coconut milk and chopped strawberries to the chia seeds.
- Mix well with a spoon and set aside for another minute. Then serve in a bowl with extra strawberries, nuts and some yoghurt or extra coconut or almond milk on the side.