<p>Bet you didn’t think that these had Spirulina in them! </p>
Raw brownie spirulina coconut slice
FOR THE BROWNIE
- 100g walnuts
- 100g pecans
- 425g dates, pitted and quartered (if hard, soak in hot water for 10 minutes and drain)
- 60g cocoa powder
- a pinch of salt
FOR THE COCONUT TOPPING
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 280g dessicated coconut
- 4 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tsp Nature’s Way Flavoured Spirulina
- a couple of drops of green food colouring (optional)
- Place the walnuts and pecans in a food processor, and process until finely ground.
- Add the cocoa powder and sea salt and pulse to combine. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the dates to the food processor and process until small bits remain. Remove and set aside.
- Add nut and cocoa mixture back into food processor. Whilst processing, drop spoonfuls of the date mixture down the food processor spout and process until a dough consistency is achieved.
- Add the brownie mixture to a 20x20cm brownie pan lined with baking paper. Use a spoon to press the mixture down evenly and all the way into the corners.
- Top make the coconut topping, blend the coconut oil, rice malt syrup, dessicated coconut and coconut milk in a food processor.
- Divide the mixture in half. Set half aside and keep the other half in the food processor. Add the Nature’s Way Flavoured Spirulina and food colouring (if using) to the half in the processor and mix until combined.
- Tip the spirulina mixture on top of the brownie mixture in the prepared pan, and press the mixture down firmly with a clean spoon.
- Tip the plain coconut mixture on top of the spirulina mixture, and press down again with a clean spoon.
- Place in the fridge overnight, then slice and serve.
See the blog: Iron Chef Shellie: Raw Brownie Spirulina Coconut Slice