The flavour of the coconut and the sweetness of the maple syrup, it’s a winner!
Banana Scramble with Pecans
- 1 small, ripe banana, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup quinoa flakes
- 1⁄4 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon nut butter (almond, cashew or brazil)
- Small handful of pecans
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Coconut Oil, for frying
- Coconut Yogurt, to serve
- Extra banana, sliced, to serve
- Extra pecans, to serve
- Extra maple syrup, to drizzle
1. Simply combine the scramble ingredients in a bowl and mix until they form a thick batter. Let it stand for 5 minutes and stir well before cooking. Add more quinoa flakes if the batter is too wet or more milk if it’s too dry.
2. Heat a the coconut oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, spoon the mixture into the pan gently and push it down until it spreads evenly.
3. Cook the underside for about 2 minutes, until it’s golden brown, then flip the scramble over and cook the other side for another 2 minutes. Don’t worry if it breaks up at this point. Remove from the heat and serve warm with coconut yoghurt, pecans, sliced banana and maple syrup.
Adapted from Luke and Scott’s cookbook Clean Living Cookbook.