A superfood infused twist on a Moroccan favourite - amplified with the addition on turmeric and maca
Turmeric Infused Moroccan Quinoa & Chickpea Salad
1 onion, diced
1 tsp @natureswayoz turmeric
1 tsp @natureswayoz maca
½ tsp cumin
½ tsp cinnamon
1 cup uncooked quinoa
2 cups water or veg broth for added flavour
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
1 cup parsley, finely chopped
½ cup carrots, grated
½ cup sliced almonds
- Add oil to a large pot and place over medium heat.
- Once oil is hot add in onion and sauté until onion is translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Stir in the following spices: turmeric, cumin, cinnamon and salt and pepper; cook for 30 seconds more.
- Add in water or broth and quinoa. Bring mixture to a boil, then cover, reduce heat to low and cook for exactly 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, remove from heat and fluff quinoa with a fork. Allow to cool.
- Once cooled, add the rest of the ingredients and combine.
- Serve as is with a spoonful of Greek yoghurt or add some protein of your choice.
Recipe and photos by @ahealthyappetitie