Sleep ups our natural collagen production and sends our body into repair mode for stronger nails, hair and luminous skin.
The Goodnight Sleep Routine
Catching some quality zzz’s is the foundation of good health. And if your health is flourishing so too skin. Restful sleep helps gives you a brighter complexion. From your hair to your skin and all the way to your toenails, sleep plays a vital role in their growth.
The goodnight routine for a more beautiful you
Get to know your internal clock
Our bodies thrive on consistent sleep patterns.
- Go to sleep at the same time every day: This will help regulate your internal clock. If you’re sleeping through your alarm, scale back your bedtime.
- Weekends aren’t for sleeping in: The greater the difference between your weekday and weekend wake-ups, the more chances you’ll suffer throughout the day with jet-lag-like symptoms. When in doubt, nap it out, instead.
- Nap smart: Sleeping too much during the day takes away from the quality of nighttime slumber - so restrict naps to 15-20 minutes.
- Beat the post-dinner yawns: Skip the after dinner yawns and get up and do something simple before bed. Wash the dishes, do the laundry or catch up with a friend.
Dim the lights
Our bodies produce melatonin which helps regulate sleep. The trouble being that modern life can significantly affect our melatonin production - leading to nighttime tossing and turning.
- Daylight hours: When the sun is up, soak it up. Get outside, open the curtains and in the morning step outside, even briefly, to enjoy the sunshine!
- Before bed: 1-2 hours before bed switch off the screens - TV, tablet, phone - anything that emits blue-light or is backlit
- Lights out: Sleep like a vampire, in pitch black. Install blackout curtains and buy dim nightlights that aren’t LED because it can be disruptive to your circadian rhythm.
Relax to recharge
Brain keeping you up at night? Fortunately, if you focus on adopting relaxation techniques before bedtime, you’ll drift off without a care in the world.
- De-stress: Stress management is crucial if you’re kept awake at night fretting over work or family. Things like writing out your worries, exercising or getting social will help you alleviate mental stressors.
- Relax to rest: Winding down from your day is important so employ whatever tactics work best for you to help you gear down. Try: reading, meditating, taking a warm bath, aromatherapy, yoga, deep breathing or drinking sleepy-time teas like chamomile.
Create a peaceful sleep environment
The last ingredient to waking up refreshed is going to sleep in a tranquil environment.
- Clean sheets: Be sure to clean your bedsheets every two weeks to mellow your mood.
- Cool, dark and quiet: Sleeping in a cool, dark and quiet room is best. So turn down the temperature in your bedroom, use blackout curtains, ditch the LED nightlights and/or use earplugs or a sound machine if need be.
Here’s to your beauty rest
Sleep is essential to your mental and physical - beauty included - wellbeing. Beauty rest is your golden ticket to a brighter complexion. If you’re getting 7-9 hours a night, your body is hard at work helping to repair and restore. 6 beauty rest benefits:
- Bye-bye wrinkles: Less than 5 hours of sleep may lead to a drop in collagen production which means an increase in wrinkles and fine lines.
- Morning glow: Sleep may help to increase blood flow to your skin giving you that rosy complexion.
- Bright-eyes: Better blood flow reduces dark circles and puffy eyes.
- Healthy locks: Another perk of good blood flow is your hair follicles get the nutrients they need to grow thicker, stronger and more luscious.
- Happier appearance: Not only does lack of sleep lead to bags under the eyes and a paler complexion it also unconsciously makes us frown and look tired.
- Boost product efficiency: Nighttime is when skin repairs itself so help it along by getting some zzz’s and you’ll notice all your beauty care products working better. Nature’s Way has a whole line of collagen products to add to your beauty routine, and with more sleep, you may see better results!
The secret to the fountain of youth and good health is getting quality sleep. Sleep ups our natural collagen production and sends our body into repair mode for stronger nails, hair and luminous skin. It also boosts your beauty routines efficiency. So for a brighter, more youthful you, remember your beauty sleep!
To help send you on the way to a dreamy nights slumber, check out our Beauty Collagen Pamper Pack. Available exclusively online!