this superfood recipe is a healthy, lower GI, paleo-friendly alternative to the Aussie favourite ‘hot chips'
Sweet Potato Fries
- 800g sweet potato, peeled
- 80ml (1/3 Cup) Super Coconut Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste (we recommend sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper)
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 220c.
- Cut sweet potato into 5mm X 5mm thick ‘chips’ (they can be as long or as short as you like, but if they are cut too think, they will not be crispy.
- Place chips in bowl, pour in coconut oil, toss with salt, pepper and rosemary until chips are well coated.
- Place chips on a baking tray, in a single layer. Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven and turn chips over, and return to oven for another 5-10 minutes. More or less time may be required depending on oven… chips should be golden brown and crisp, not dark brown/black.