An Anzac biscuit is a sweet biscuit popular in Australia and New Zealand
Superfood Anzac Cookies
Makes 20 cookies
- 1.5 cups rolled quinoa (quinoa flakes)
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 tsp Natures Way Super Maca Powder
- 1 tsp Natures Way Super Chia Seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds or pecans
- 3 1/2 tbs Natures Way Super Coconut Oil – melted
- 2 tbs maple syrup or rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs water
- Combine the quinoa, coconut, maca powder and nuts in a food processor, until fully mixed.
- Add the coconut oil, chia seeds, maple syrup and vanilla, pulse a few times to combine, add enough water to the mixture so when formed into a ball, it keeps its shape.
- Place a sheet of baking paper on a baking tray. Roll mixture into 20 balls (approx. 3 tbsp each) and place on the tray. Flatten down, ensure there is room for each cookie. Bake for 20-30 mins at 150 degrees or until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and let rest on cooling rack. Enjoy!
This recipe is adapted from a recipe that appeared in Clean Living Cookbook by Luke Hines and Scott Gooding, published by Hachette Australia. Photographer: Steve Brown. Stylist: Trish Heagerty.