These slices are SO easy to make – just blend, pour, blend, pour and put in the freezer.
Raw Vegan Bounty Coconut Slice
- 1 cup of almonds (or mixed nuts of choice)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 Tbsp Cacao Powder
- 1 Tbsp sugar-free chocolate powder
- 1/3 cup dried dates (soaked overnight or 15mins in boiling water)
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Super spread (Mayvers)
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked overnight or 5 hours)
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/3 cup granulated stevia
- 1/4 cup coconut water
- 1 tsp of coconut essence (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Blend cashews and coconut until smooth.
- 1/3 cup of melted Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup of Cacao Powder
- 1/4 cup of Rice Malt syrup or pure maple syrup
Add almonds to food processor and blend for a few seconds. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until crumbly.
Press into a lined tray with your fingers, and put in the freezer while you make the filling
Add other ingredients and blend again until really smooth, scraping down edges as required. Spread on top of base. Put back in the freezer for 30mins while you make the top.
Melt coconut oil in a saucepan on low heat, add Rice Malt and Cacao and mix well. Pour on top of filling. Put back in the freezer for an hour or preferably overnight.
Cut with a hot knife. Store in the freezer. Eat straight from the freezer, no thawing required!