Acai - pronounced ah-sigh-EE Nature's purple superfood gold!
Raw vegan Berry Acai Cheesecakes
Claire @healthyfrenchwife made some yummy raw vegan Berry Acai Cheesecakes - and no surprises - they were a big hit!
- 1 cup of raw almonds
- 1 cup of pitted dates
- 1 tbsp of cacao powder
- 1-2 tbsp of water
Berry Acai Layer:
- 1 cup of raw cashews soaked in water overnight
- 3 tbsp of rice malt syrup
- 1-2 tbsp of Acai + Berry powder by @natureswayoz
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries
- 2 tbsp of melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Mix the base ingredients in a food processor starting with the almonds on their own.
- Press down in a muffin silicon tray and place in the freezer while you make the cheesecake layer.
- Drain and rinse your soaked cashews and blitz in your food processor. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour on-top of the base and top with a few fresh or frozen blueberries then put them back in the freezer for an hour minimum.
- Take out of the freezer 30 minutes before serving.
Recipe and photos by Qualified Nutritionist & Vegan Claire @healthyfrenchwife