Easy homemade Marinated Teriyaki Beef Skewers!
Marinated teriyaki beef skewers
Preparation time: 0:25
Cooking time: 0:05
Calories: Approximately X calories per serve 365
- 650g rump steak, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 250g snow peas, trimmed and diagonally sliced
- 50g mixed baby salad leaves
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked to packet instructions
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 Tbsp. mirin (sweet Japanese rice wine)
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. light soy sauce
- 1-2 tsp wasabi paste, to taste
Step 1 Thread beef onto 8 skewers, folding each slice in half as you go. Place in a shallow dish and pour over teriyaki sauce. Marinate for 5 minutes.
Step 2 Meanwhile, cook peas in boiling water for 1 minute until just tender. Drain and set aside. Place mixed salad greens and cucumber in a bowl and add snow peas once cooled. Mix dressing ingredients together in small bowl, then toss with salad.
Step 3 Heat a medium sized frypan on medium-high heat. Cook skewers for 2 minutes each side until charred and cooked through. Serve with salad and rice (if desired)