We’re packing more than one maca into this bar
Maca Maca Bars
Makes about 6-8 bars
- 3/4 Cup White Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Nature’s Way Super Maca Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup Nature’s Way Super Coconut Oil, Melted
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 Plain Coconut Kefir (Or Plain Soymilk + 1/4 Teaspoon White Vinegar)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Macadamia Nuts
Preheat your oven to 180 degrees, and lightly grease a 20 x 10 cm loaf pan.
In a large bowl, sift together the flour, maca powder, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon, and whisk to combine.
Separately, whisk together the melted coconut oil, sugar, kefir, and vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and with a wide spatula, stir just enough to bring the two together without too many lumps.
Transfer the batter into your prepared pan, smooth out the top so that it fill the loaf pan in one even layer, and sprinkle the macadamia nuts evenly across the top. Use your hands to lightly press the nuts into the batter.
Bake for 20-30 minutes, until golden brown around the edges, and a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Let cool completely in the pan before slicing.