This tabouleh with tasty haloumi will keep you coming back for more!
Lentil tabouleh with haloumi
Preparation time: 0:10
Cooking time: 0:05
Calories Approximately X calories per serve 360
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 180g Haloumi
- 400g can lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1 bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 3 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup black olives
- 4 lemon wedges and fresh herbs, to serve
Step 1 Toss the chopped herbs with the olive oil, lemon juice tomato, cumin and cinnamon, then season with black pepper, to taste. Set aside.
Step 2 Thickly slice the haloumi, then fry over medium-high heat in non-stick frypan for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden.
Step 3 Place the lentils on a serving plate, then top with herb mixture and haloumi. Sprinkle olives and lemon zest on top. Serve with lemon wedge.