Couscous - "The food so nice they named it twice"
Harissa lamb with couscous
Preparation time: 0:10
Cooking time: 0:15
Calories:Approximately 400 calories per serve
- 3 tsp Harissa spice mix
- 2 x 400g lamb loin (lamb backstrap)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 1 Tbsp. coarsely grated lemon rind
- 1 1/4 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 340g chargrilled capsicum, cut into thin strips
- 280g jar artichoke hearts, drained, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- 1/2 cup Greek-style natural yoghurt
Step 1 Place spice mix on a plate. Add the lamb and turn to coat. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the lamb and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 3-4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Thickly slice across the grain.
Step 2 Meanwhile, place the couscous and lemon rind in a medium heatproof bowl. Bring the stock to the boil in a small saucepan. Pour the stock and lemon juice over the couscous. Cover and set aside for 3-4 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed. Use a fork to separate the grains. Add the capsicum, artichoke and parsley and stir until well combined.
Step 3 Divide the couscous mixture among serving plates. Top with lamb and a dollop of yoghurt to serve.