It features only wholefoods and is developed with your health and taste-buds in mind
Gluten Free Paleo Granola
Makes 5 cups
- 2 cups mixed, unsalted, unflavoured nuts (we used macadamias, pecans, walnuts and almonds).
- 1 cup of dried fruit – try dried blueberries or cranberries.
- 1 cup almond meal (find it in the health food aisle)
- 1 & 1/2 cups coconut flakes / desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp Super Chia seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup melted Super Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- zest of half an orange, chopped into strips roughly 1-2mm wide
- Preheat oven to 165C
- Add nuts, seeds and dried fruit to food processor. Process until nuts have broken down into medium sized crumbs. Some crumbs will be bigger than others – this is fine.
- Add remaining ingredients, including Super Coconut Oil, and process until well combined.
- Line a lasagne dish with baking paper. Scoop granola mixture into tray, spread evenly across tray, and place in oven for 8 minutes.
- After 8 minutes, mix the granola up to ensure the granola on the bottom is being cooked. Bake for another 8 minutes.
- Remove tray from oven once granola turns golden brown on top. Allow to cool – keep in an airtight container. Serve by itself, with almond milk or with coconut yoghurt.