Chicken with a middle eastern twist served with kale - on of our favourite superfoods!
Dukkah spiced chicken with kale
Preparation time: 0:10
Cooking time: 0:20
Calories: Approximately 500 calories per serve
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- Olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 chicken breast fillets (250g each), trimmed and sliced in half horizontally
- 2 tbsp. dukkah
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 cups kale, torn apart
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, shredded
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Pomegranate seeds and toasted nuts to garnish
Step 1: Over high heat, place quinoa and 2 cups water in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and let it simmer with lid on for 10 minutes or until water is absorbed. Rinse and drain off the water and set aside.
Step 2:Lightly spray oil on a frying pan. Heat the oil over medium-high heat. Lightly fry the carrots for about 5 minutes or until tender while stirring. Add in kale in last minute. Set aside in a bowl.
Step 3: Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with dukkah. Over medium heat, cook chicken in pan for about 5 minutes each side or until cooked through and golden.
Step 4: Combine kale, parsley, orange juice, onion, mint, carrot and oil in a bowl. Toss lightly to combine with pepper to taste.
Step 5: Serve chicken with salad.