These easy-to-prepare ice blocks are going to keep you cool on a sweltering beach day.
Coconut and Acai + Berry Ice Blocks
- 6 small paper cups
- 1 punnet blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 12 strawberries, sliced
- 4 TBSP Natures Way Acai + Berry Powder
- 11⁄2 cups coconut water
- 6 wooden ice-block sticks
VARIATION: Try these with banana and kiwifruit! YUM!
- Line up your cups on a baking tray or set them in a muffin pan so it will be easy to transfer them in and out of the freezer.
- Place the fruit in the cups, adding it in distinct layers for visual appeal, or just throw it in any which way.
- Mix the coconut water with the Acai and Berry Powder and Pour over the top until all the fruit is covered.
- Now stick the sticks in the middle of each cup and place them in the freezer for a couple of hours.
- When you’re ready to eat one, you may be able to slide your ice block out of the cup, or just cut the cup away with scissors.
This recipe is adapted from a recipe that appeared in Clean Living Cookbook by Luke Hines and Scott Gooding, published by Hachette Australia. Photographer: Steve Brown. Stylist: Trish Heagerty