Absolutely delicious, and you won’t believe it is actually healthy!!
Choc Chilli Cacao Mousse
- 1/2 cup Nature’s Way Raw Cacao Powder
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup
- 6 pitted dates, juicy and soft
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- 200 grams fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup shredded toasted coconut
- 1 tablespoon goji berries
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
Start by preparing the mousse. Combine the avocado flesh, raw cacao powder, rice malt syrup, dates, cinnamon, cayenne pepper and vanilla seeds in a food processor and combine well. It should be light, chocolatey and fluffy.
Either serve immediately or store in the fridge to chill. Top with goji berries and coconut or fresh berries.
*This can also be used (without the cayenne) as an icing for cakes.
Adapted from Luke and Scott’s cookbook Clean Living Cookbook.