Not only do you get your chocolate fix, but you get a whole bunch of fibre
Raw Chocolate Chia Brownies
Makes 16 small brownies
- 1/3 cup Super Chia seeds
- 1 cup raw Almonds
- 1 & 1/2 cups pitted medjool dates
- 1/3 cup Super Cacao powder
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp pure almond extract
- In a food processor pulse the almonds a couple of times, then transfer to a small bowl. Add the dates and process until a paste forms.
- Transfer to a bowl add the cacao and remaining ingredients and mix with you hands until it combines together.
- Line an 18cm square cake tin with plastic wrap, place the mix into the tray and flatten until even, press down firmly.
- Cover and refrigerate till cold, cut into squares and store tightly wrapped.
TIP: Like a smoother consistency for your brownies? Chia Seeds can be processed in a pepper grinder or coffee grinder to break them down into finer pieces.