It is rich in calcium and vitamin D for bone health
Chia Crusted Salmon
- 6 tbsp Super Chia
- 4 skinless salmon fillets (125g – 150g each)
- 2 bunches bok choy
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- A thumb of ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- Rice noodles or steamed brown rice, to serve*
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce*
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce*
- 1 ½ tbsp Chinese rice wine
- 1 tsp sugar
* If you want this dish to be gluten-free, make sure you use gluten-free noodles, oyster sauce and tamari.
** Bok choy is increasingly found in your local grocer, but if you cannot find it, green beans will make a good substitute.
- Pour the chia seeds on a plate. Press each salmon fillet in the chia seeds to evenly coat one side.
- Cut the bok choy leaves in half. To make the soy dressing, put all the ingredients in a small bowl and stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Heat 1tbsp of oil in a large nonstick pan over high heat. Cook the salmon, chia side down, for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Turn and cook for a further 2 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a wok over high heat. Add the ginger and garlic and stir-fry briefly. Add the bok choy and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, until almost wilted. Add half the dressing and toss to combine.
- To serve up, place each piece of salmon on a bed of the bok choy and drizzle over a little of the remaining dressing. Serve with rice noodles or steamed rice.