Guilt free, egg free, dairy free, high fibre and packed with protein!
Cacao and Black Bean Brownies
Makes 6 brownies
- 1 x tin of drained black beans
- 3 tbsp Nature’s Way Cacao powder
- 1/2 cup of traditional oats
- 2 tbsp Stevia
- 2 tbsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 tbsp Baking powder
- 3 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp Maple Syrup or honey (optional)
- Dark choc chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- In a blender, combine 1x tin of drained black beans, 3tbsp Nature’s Way Cacao powder, 1/2 cup traditional oats, 2tbsp stevia, 2tbsp vanilla essence, 1/2tbsp baking powder, 3tbsp water and 3tbsp maple syrup or honey (optional).
- Once well mixed, if the mixture is too dry, add a little more water until it’s like a thick paste.
- Add a small handful of dark choc chips (I like the dark choc baking ones so they keep their shape), stir through using a spoon.
- Place the mixture into a lined, nonstick baking tray (you only need a small one, or use a large one if it’s all you have but put the mixture up one end only).
- Sprinkle a few more choc chips on top for presentation and cook in the oven for 15-17 minutes.
- If the brownies look a little soft, just put them in the fridge to set.