This breakfast dish will excite your palate in the morning
Bircher Muesli with Muddled Berries and Chia Seeds
- 2/3 cup quinoa flakes
- 1 cup almond milk (or water)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Nature’s Way Chia Seeds
- 2 teaspoons chopped pistachio kernels, to garnish
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- pinch of ground ginger
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground cardamom
- zest of 1⁄2 orange, finely grated
- pinch of sea salt
NOTE: Feel free to use any berries that are in season.
- Mix all the ingredients for the Bircher together in a bowl (except the pistachios) and pop it in the fridge overnight.
2. In the morning, wash and halve the berries.
- Using a fork, smash the berries together in a large bowl with the spices, orange zest and salt. 4. Spoon the muddled berries onto the muesli and sprinkle the pistachios on top.
This recipe is adapted from a recipe that appeared in Clean Living Cookbook by Luke Hines and Scott Gooding, published by Hachette Australia. Photographer: Steve Brown. Stylist: Trish Heagerty