Featuring all natural ingredients, this superfood recipe is as good for you as it is tasty.
Banana, Maca and Quinoa Porridge
This Superfood porridge recipe – adapted from Luke and Scott’s ‘Clean Living Cookbook’ – is sure to please the taste buds and warm you from the inside out on those cold mornings before a big, early-morning training session. Featuring all natural ingredients, this superfood recipe is as good for you as it is tasty.
- 500ml water
- 500ml Almond Milk
- 1 cup Quinoa Flakes
- 1 tbsp Nature’s Way Super Maca Powder
- 1 ripe banana, sliced
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped
- 1 tbsp Nature’s Way Super Chia Seeds
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Toasted activated almonds, crushed, to garnish
- 1 tbsp rice malt syrup
1. Combine water and almond milk in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
2. Add the quinoa flakes, banana and vanilla bean. Cook until thickened, stirring often, until banana has softened.
3. Add Chia Seeds and Maca Powder and stir through.
4. Sprinkle with some cinnamon and crushed toasted activated almonds, and drizzle with rice malt syrup.
This recipe supplied by Nature’s Way Superfood Ambassador Luke Hines, is adapted from a recipe that appeared in Clean Living Cookbook. Published by Hachette Australia. Photographer: Steve Brown. Stylist: Trish Hearty