Home / 24 High Protein Snacks Suggestions
<p>One of our favourites! Deli Roll-ups – Two slices deli Turkey rolled up with a slice of cheese and tomato.</p>
24 High Protein Snacks Suggestions
- Trail Mix: Mix of dried fruit and nuts. A handful is a reasonable serving.
- Mixed nuts: A small handful of mix raw nuts.
- Turkey Roll-ups: Four Turkey breast slices, each with a teaspoon of cream cheese. Place a pickle or strip of cucumber and a tomato slice on the turkey and roll them into wraps.
- Deli Roll-ups: Two slices deli Turkey rolled up with a slice of cheese and tomato.
- Veggies and yogurt Dip: Yogurt combined with herbs and flavourings such as dill, lemon juice. Preferably use Greek yogurt due to best protein content (almost twice the amount of protein as regular yogurt).
- Greek Yogurt Parfait: one cup of Greek yogurt combined with a tablespoon of granola and mixed berries in layers.
- Boiled egg: a classic but filling snack.
- Tuna – tinned or fresh – think Sashimi!
- Cheese slices: two or three slices – savour each bite!
- Artichoke: boiled, served with a splash of olive oil.
- Chickpeas: Half tub of Chickpeas, roasted with some basic seasonings and a splash of olive oil.
- Hummus and raw veggies: 1/3 cup serving of hummus and some fresh carrots and celery.
- Cottage Cheese: Half cup. Either plain or combined with nuts and fruits.
- Beef sticks: Flame grilled beef and salt only and maybe seasoning for extra flavour
- Canned salmon: Two table spoons. Eat on its own or add some extra flavour. Taste great when paired with chopped veggies.
- Chia Seed pudding: Soak 1/4 cup chia seeds in almond milk for an hour, until it achieves a pudding like consistency. You can add flavourings like vanilla and cocoa when you mix the seeds and milk.
- Pumpkin Seeds: Two table spoons. They can be eaten raw, or you can try dry roasting them with some spices.
- Protein shake – try our Nature’s Way Instant Natural Protein.
- Edamame: One cup boiled. Add spices and seasonings.
- Avocado and chicken salad: Simply combine cooked chicken breast and avocado!
- Lentil salad: One cup. Combine cooked lentils with chopped veggies, spices and a dressing of your choice. Top up with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- Oatmeal: 1/4 cup of rolled oats, cooked in hot water for a nourishing warming serve of porridge.
- Cheesy Popcorn: Combine three cups of popcorn with two tablespoons of parmesan cheese, or nutritional yeast.
- Egg muffins: Made by mixing eggs with veggies and seasonings, poring the mixture into a muffin tin and then baking the muffin. Examples of veggies that provide a great combo – Broccoli, onions and bell peppers.