Easy to make, delicious, and they keep well in the freezer …. great treat for the family that you can make resting easy that the ingredients are natural, healthy and preservative free. Chia seeds add a great, protein packed texture and cacao boosts flavour and antioxidant value. Another great superfoods recipe.
– 2 tbsp Nature’s Way Super Coconut Oil
– 1/3 cup honey
– 1⁄2 cup peanut or almond butter 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 2 cups shredded coconut
– 1 tbsp Nature’s Way Super Chia Seeds
– 1⁄4 cup Natures Way Super Cacao Powder
– 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
– 1⁄4 cup toasted slivered almonds
1. In large saucepan, melt the Coconut Oil on a really low heat. Add the honey and nut butter and gently stir to combine, then add the remaining ingredients and stir them through.
2. Using a spoon, scoop tablespoonfuls of mixture onto a baking tray or large plates. Store some in the fridge to set, ready for eating once firm, and put any extras in the freezer for a later date.
This recipe is adapted from a recipe that appeared in Clean Living Cookbook by Luke Hines and Scott Gooding, published by Hachette Australia. Photographer: Steve Brown. Stylist: Trish Heagerty